Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Trust God: Sounds easy, right?

Verse of the Week:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust God: Sounds easy, right?


Decisions, decisions, so many decisions.  What job should I apply for?  Should I even get a new job? How are we going to make it financially?  How am I going to find that person to marry?  Should I take my loved one off of life support or not?  Should I home school my children?  Should I put my child in a new school?  Should I separate or possibly divorce this person?  How am I going to pay for all of these bills?  What house should we buy?  Should we move to a new town/city or stay where we are?  Should we have children?   My child is struggling with drugs, what should I do to help him/her?  Life can be so tough.  We have so many decisions that we have to make that are very important and life changing, and oftentimes, we feel completely lost.  What should I do?  We pull out our hair, analyze every possible alternative, and spend sleepless nights trying to figure out what we should do.  Here is the thing, sometimes God wants us to just STOP and trust in Him.


Jesus himself said, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." (John 14:1)  Think about it:  Do you want to trust in yourself, a person who has messed up over and over, who is unreliable, who is a human who makes mistakes; or do you want to trust in the one who has made the universe, who knows each star by name, who knows the number of hairs on your head, who knows exactly what you are thinking, who aligns the planets in such a way that they rotate around the sun perfectly, who is perfect in every way, and who loves you more than anyone else ever could love you?  MMMMM....doesn't seem like a hard decision, right?  Yet, I know that so many times I have prayed to God telling him that I trust in Him, and then right after I pray to Him, I go right back to worrying about the situation and fret over what decision to make.  
Proverbs 3:5 says, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Brian and I have some difficult decisions coming in the next few months and even years, and we have a choice.  Trust in God or lean on our own understanding and have a panic attack!  We can sit here and keep analyzing and figuring out what to do with upcoming situations that we can do nothing about since decisions on those situations cannot be made for another few months, or we can trust in God who can take situations and completely do something neither one of us thought of and amaze us with His awesomeness.  Right after verse 5 in Proverbs 3 it says, In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:6).  Look to Him in the decision making, acknowledge him and seek his direction all while trusting in Him.  He says that He will direct your path!  I trust that when the decision has to be made even at the very last millisecond, God will help us to know what to do.  We are not alone, and He is there every step of the way.  
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....What do I do? STOP! Trust in Jesus and rest in His arms.

***Many thanks to our dear sweet Brother and Sisters in Christ for reminding me of this!  Brian and I love you guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment