Thursday, May 30, 2013

I Can't Do Anything but...Pray

Verse of the Week:

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17


I Can't Do Anything but...Pray


Any of these sound familiar?

Everything in my life is falling apart.

When I try to fix it, it gets worse.

There is nothing I can do to make it better.

Everything is hopeless and I don't see a silver lining.
     
I cannot change people.

I cannot go in the past and change mistakes I made.
     
I cannot look in the future and figure out how to make it better.

I am watching my loved ones suffer and there is nothing I can do to help them.

A storm has entered my life and I am drowning.

I cannot do it alone.
      
I can do nothing but....

Pray....

 Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17)




Prayer allows you to surrender the situation to God. Prayer allows you to trust in God.  Prayer can move mountains. Prayer allows God to take the broken pieces and turn it into a masterpiece.

There are some situations in your life when you really cannot do anything but pray.

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. (Colossians 4:2)

Pray with thanksgiving, and watch God take charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment