Saturday, February 23, 2013

Who Are You Doing it For?

Verse of the Week:

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."


Who are you doing it for?


Another load of dishes to do, another diaper to change, another bottle feeding, another load of laundry, another meal to cook, another floor to clean, another phone call to make, another bill to pay, another item to update in our budget, another errand to run, another daily walk with my son, another grocery shopping trip, another toilet cleaning, another bedtime story to read, another another another...My life seems to run in a continuous cycle of doing the same thing over and over on a daily basis.  There are many times when I groan when I see another stack of dishes just after doing a previous load a couple of hours ago or when the laundry is piling when I did a load the day before.  It is so tempting to complain and wonder how is doing any of this stuff going to change the world.   You see people believe that in order to make their lives count, they need to make an impact on society, and it seems like the daily task I do have no impact.  After all, how is cleaning the toilet going to help starving children in third world countries? But God says otherwise.  In Colossians 3:23 it says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."  You see, the tasks that I complete daily is not done to serve mankind, but rather to serve my heavenly Father.  Whether you are a lawyer, doctor, politician, garbage man, or a stay-at-home mom, your goal is to do each task to the best of your ability because God deserves your best.  You see if you try to do your work FOR GOD FIRST, then you will see how your daily tasks actually do impact society.  At a closer glance, I begin to realize that all of the chores that I do are necessary to keep our home running smoothly.  I am creating a place of refuge for my husband to come home to after work and a place of security for our son.  Keep on coming dishes, I am doing it for the Lord! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment